Wednesday 26 May 2010

That's more like it.


I know I said I needed a rest, and I did, but when I realised it's a week since I ran - and that was the John Carr 5k - it dawned on me I was in danger of getting out of the habit.  I've been tired, and a few days off has been good, but as I left work tonight I was thinking to myself I could just go home, eat, watch telly, and then get a few miles in after work tomorrow.

But the problem is, that way lies idleness, pies and porkiness.  So once I got home I set off for a run, over towards Halton East without any clear idea of what I was going to do.  I reached Halton East feeling like I'd not done much, so decided to carry on over to Bolton Abbey, and on the way down did toy with the idea of doing 10 or even 12 miles, but in the end I turned with the watch on 4m outside the village hall.

Quite surprised to see I was only a touch over half an hour, and even found the climb back up reasonably straightforward.  Finished with 8m done, in 1:01 so an average pace of 7:35 - which as it never felt hard I think shows I've not lost much fitness. 

I'm supposed to be doing Chester Marathon with Hinsley as a team of two on Monday, but we may decide to take a raincheck if it looks too hot.  May run home from work tomorrow, as the weather looks ok and a nice slow 14 miles will give me a decent workout with plenty of time to recover for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment