Thursday 21 April 2011

Fickle, me?

You know that bit down there where I said "definitely not in 2012"? Well I'm wavering.

Reason being that whilst I don't think I was ever in sub-3 shape this year, I wasn't far off. I reckon a bit of weight off and a touch more commitment then I could run that reasonably comfortably.

So he's an outline plan:

Spend the summer on my bike, which always gets the weight off. Then start running seriously again in the autumn, via GNR and Abbey Dash, then build up for a proper go at sub-3 if the weather's right at VLM 2012. I'd kick myself if I decided not to and it was perfect weather, so I'm moving towards thinking I might at least enter when the GFA window opens.

Very sore legs this week, but a couple of 4 milers and a visit to Sally the sports massage lady seems to have loosened things up. A couple of bike rides over the weekend and then a few gentle sessions next week and we'll see how we go at the 3 Peaks a week Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment