Thursday 23 June 2011

More bikes and a bit of running

Grim weather on Sunday saw me waking up at 7am hoping against hope that Herb would text to say he didn't want to cycle.  No such luck, as the lanky biking machine wouldn't be put off by something as trivial as gale force wind and torrential rain.  So at 7:45 we were off, me with a slight hangover from a K induced night of beeriness, heading over to Ilkley via Langbar.

We got to the Old Bridge after a breathless ascent of Langbar, although I managed to avoid getting dropped by Herb - just.  We then set off with the B group back up the valley towards Barden, with an agreement we'd try and stick together and a planned average speed of about 15mph.  This time we had a more evenly matched group than last time we were out with Ilkley CC, and the pace stayed fairly high with just a few slowings down to allow people to get back on after being dropped.

We went up the main road to Kettlewell then came back on the back road, via Appletreewick and the Cav Pav.  At Bolton Abbey Herb and I bid the group farewell and headed home via Halton East, and ended the day with a comfortable 51 miles in the bag.

This week I'd failed to cycle in again, but have managed a couple of runs, one up in Newcastle.

I'm getting a bit pissed off with my inability to manage my time and motivation properly, so my planned 4 runs a week seems to be 2, and 2 bike rides has become 1.

More effort needed, fatty...

No comments:

Post a Comment