Saturday 25 September 2010

Decent week at last

After a decent session in Newcastle I had Thursday off to work, drink Landlord and eat curry, but Friday dawned with me feeling better than I would have expected after a night with Phil T and Colonel Sanders.

Took my stuff to work with thoughts of running at lunch, but an over-running Risk Committee put paid to that, so it was after work or nothing.

I had my instructions from Guru Terry L, one of which was to extend my longest run by 10% or so each time (normal advice) but (less normal) to cut back every other week. So the plan this week was to run a shorter "long run", and so I decided on an 8 miler along past Riddlesden and back.

I started off very steadily with a 8:12 mile, but speeded up as I went and ended up running just under 7 min pace. The 8m took just over an hour so an average pace of 7:45. No calf pain to speak of.

Decided to give the legs a day off being hammered today so after K brought the girls back from not-swimming (absent teacher) I set off on my bike to do the Burnsall loop.

Whilst I'm a long way off bike fit, things are getting easier each time, and I got round the 18m loop in an hour and ten minutes, which isn't far off my quickest time for that route - averaged about 16mph.

Assuming I do the expected 8m off-roader tomorrow that'll give about 26m of running and 45m of biking - so not a bad week.

Then this afternoon was spent visiting our new puppy, Izzy, who'll be coming to live with us in a couple of weeks. Very exciting...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment