Monday 30 November 2009

Mr Speedy Trousers

Rearranged meetings meant our lunchtime run slot was a tad curtailed, so we went for a flat 5 miler along the canal.  Decided to do a mile effort on the way back (having cunningly worked out we'd have wind behind), so duly put the hammer down once we'd finished with pesky road crossings.  I managed a mile in 5:30, which felt pretty much eyeballs out - which is slightly worrying as to hit my 10k target of breaking 37min I've got to do 6.2 miles at about 5:55!  Running bud Richard did a 5:45 mile, which is great for a lad who didn't run at all 10 months ago.

Concerned by my increasing portliness this morning - despite a 10k PB a week ago, 16m long run and 42 briskish bike miles that felt fine I tipped the scales 8lb heavier than I was midsummer.  Odd, and I'm not sure it's entirely accurate as I don't look much different - but a reminder that I can't ignore the regime at this festive time of year...

No comments:

Post a Comment