Wednesday 2 December 2009

Round and round...

In London tonight and staying near Oxford Circus to try a different area for running.  I usually stay somewhere that gives access to the river and pass the time frightening stern-faced London runners who don't seem to have the same tradition of saying "how do" to their fellow runners.

Anyway - a tempo session (if that means a longish effort at something below flat out but a lot quicker than pootling).  Jogged up to the Outer Circle at Regent's Park then upped the pace to something a bit below 10k pace, and did 2 laps of the park which means something around 5 1/2 miles of effort.  Pace was about 6:25, which is quite pleasing as that was my 10k PB pace a year or two ago.  Had to take a work call after a couple of miles of effort so I did get a few minutes rest, but a total of 6.8m at and average pace of 6:45 which includes a mile and a half of warm up and recovery - so despite the fact I feel a bit porky I seem to be running ok.

Interesting thing is to look at the HR output - I've not downloaded my Garmin yet, but the average for the last couple of miles looks high - c170 when the overall average is 157, which is what I'd expect as an overall.  Will check when I get home and see if it was just short lived spikes or a general increase through the session, but that's higher than I see on track sessions normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment