Wednesday 30 December 2009

Better late than never

After my Christmas of multiple events and bike rides it was K's turn to get out today, which means shopping and Harrogate.  Maisie and Lily spent the day on their DS's, I mooched about the house checking work emails and generally wasting the day.

After K got home it was dark , and we'd just started Scrabble so I decided to ditch running for today, but then I logged onto the Runner's World Marathon Forum and one of my online chums was extolling the virtues of getting out when the weather's foul so I felt shamed in to it.

Got my kit on, and set off towards Halton East.  In direct contrast to yesterday this absolutely was going to be a 5 mile pootle, so with the easterly wind blowing in my face, off I pootled.  Entirely uneventful run - 5 miles at 8:13 pace, Halton East, round the loop twice and home, notable only for the pretty low average HR (124, which I reckon is less than 60% of max) and the slight stiffness in my right calf.  Ice on it tonight then nurse it round Auld Lang Syne tomorrow, which is back to the "traditional" fell runner's route because of the conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment