Wednesday 23 December 2009

More snowy action!

Decided to come home and put the Tesco order away, so whatever the state of the Seedhill track I wasn't going.  After a comedically early appraisal meeting, then a 3 hour Exco meeting it was gone 1pm when I was free to go out to run.  Thankfully, gloriously and beautifully that coincided with a fantastic spell of weather between the grey snowy bit this morning and the dark freezing bit later, so I set off for a quick 5 miles on the canal.  Gorgeous.  The snow was smooth and slightly soft, a bit like a recently bashed red-run, and the canal looked lovely.



I had to use Rubitrack on my iPhone again as I rushed out Garminless this morning, but apart from a slightly wonky track at the start where it appears I ran through Magnet Kitchens it was fine.  5m (Rubitrack reckoned 5.15 so 250yds out) in 35mins, so 7min mile pace, which was 1m of warmup/down and 4m at c6:30 pace which felt very comfy.

Probably a couple of days off now til Kildwick on Boxing Day and Ribble Valley on 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment