Monday 20 September 2010

Recovery pootle

Achilles both stiff, hamstrings tight, legs generally not in the best shape this morning. Work was busy so no chance of a lunchtime run, so Newmanator and I went out after work.

Wasn't sure how my legs would be - was this stiffness or injury? Sported my Nike compression socks to guard against any tweaks, and was pleasantly surprised to feel my legs easing off as we ran.

We turned at 2 as I felt I'd probably have done enough with 4 miles, and we did actually speed up slightly on the way back, from high 8's to just under. As we got back to the road Tim decided he'd do a couple of extra miles, so after a brief consideration I abandoned him and finished with 4m in 33:13.

Tim carried on - and later texted to say he'd done 13.1m in the end in 1:43 - so not a bad effort for after work on a Monday!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment