Saturday 10 September 2011

A couple of runs and a bit of speed

Just a bit mind...

Trying very hard to get my exercise organised, but it's proving difficult - although after this weekend I'm going to be more disciplined about food and exercise.  Yes really...

Anyway - this week passed quickly again, and before I knew it it was Thursday and I'd done nothing.  To be fair the weather's been shite so biking in would have been a trial, plus my bottom bracket was sounding horribly graunchy after last weekend.

Anyway - Thursday and it was out for a lunchtime steady one with Herb and Newmanator - just 4 miles, just under 8 min pace and for me at least it felt pretty comfortable.  Herb was gasping like a rapist...

Then Friday's plan was for a slightly longer one (for "longer" read "about 6 miles") with Newman, but his weedy hockey legs let him down so he dipped out.  Shame really, as it was a perfect cycling day, but I was running so run I did.

A mile up to the canal, then a bit of an effort for two miles - which pleasingly came out at just under 6:40 pace, which whilst that was planned marathon pace a few months ago is still a great deal quicker than I have been running.  So - more of the same required, methinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment