Tuesday 15 February 2011

Still at it!

Took Sunday off, as the weather wasn't great and I felt I needed it, but Monday was my (now) regular "hard one" up on the canal.

The Herb was out for once, so I took the opportunity to run with a chum for a bit, which turned out to be 2 1/2 miles, a bit long for a warm up, and which left me running fast at points when I've usually slowed down.  The pace seemed faster tonight, and indeed it was, with several miles nearer to 6:40 than 6:50, and even a couple below the 6:40 mark.  The benefit of the longer warm up, of course, is that when my 6 miles of effort had finished I only had a mile and a half to go to get my 10 miles in.

Can't quite decide whether I should push these MP sessions out to 8 in 10, or even up to 10 in 12 - but to be honest I think I might be better lengthening my MLR out to 14 (maybe run home mideweek through March?).

Anyway tonight was a recovery that's best described as "character building" - long day in Newcastle, home about 6:30 and straight out into the teeth of a howling wind with rain as a bonus.  Just 4 miles, very steady but I got it done.

Longer steady run in London tomorrow - going to try a couple of laps of the Serpies Hyde Park circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment