Tuesday 12 April 2011

Calf pain? Can't be...

After my funny turn with my foot last Friday I decided I'm probably not going to run at all til Sunday's race.  I took yesterday off as the kids were off school but K wasn't, so after dropping Lils off at tennis camp (just how ghastly are some posh Skipton parents?  I thought people like that all lived in Ilkley...) me and Maisie went off to bhuy her a bike.

I'll get round to writing a diatribe about how kids do not need hardtail mountain bikes with 24 gears to ride round the streets or along the canal but suffice it to say there was nothing vaguely road/hybrid like in a small women's size, so a hardtail she has got.  Managed to negotiate fifty quid off so not all bad.

Having bought myself a new pair of cycling gloves, and also wanting to try the capacious qualities of my new car with the seat down I drove over to Ilkley for the first of the Harriers' Monday night rides.  Just Paul W, Neil C and I, we set off towards Otley on the back road in delightful evening sun.

We turned leftin  Askwith and rode up the moor road, a climb I've found tough in the past, but tonight it was big ring all the way and just a bit of an effort towards the top.  All good, thought I.

The ride home was into the wind, but we ended a very pleasant 15 miler in just over an hour, and I drove home for my tea.

Then today at work - bloody calf pain!  Right at the top of my right calf there's a really sore bit - I even think I've had this pain before, but unless it's pushing a large gear last night I have no clue where it's come from.  Don't think it's serious, and I've been hopping about on it all day and stretching it madly, but I think I'm going to take it out for a little jog on Thursday with maybe a few strides just to be absolutely sure.  This tapering sure is hard work...

No comments:

Post a Comment