Tuesday 12 February 2013

1k reps. They hurt.

Sunday is Cycling Day! Although this week it was Not Cycling Day.  A threat of snow, and a possibility of being called out to rescue K from her perilous journey to Sheffield to see Strictly Come Ice Diving Get Me Out Of Here Live meant me and Herb decided on a second run of the weekend.  It's nice having Herb and Izzy along for a run.

Canal route - plan to do 7 miles in about an hour, but improving fitness meant we chucked in a couple of 7:30 miles so our planned hour came in at 56mins.  Nice.

A steady 5 yesterday, including me finally getting round to running round the Carleton "triangle", which makes a nice 5 miler from Gateway House.  New clever headtorch was good too.

Then tonight to the track with Lils and her mate Anna.  Hinsley got stuck at work so I was on my lonesome (apart from the occasional wave to Vic, who was doing some bizarre hour long warm up thing in a huge luminous (and voluminous) hat).  Slimline Hinsley seems keen to do our old 6x1k session off 200m recoveries, but until my stamina is back to old levels I'd rather make the efforts 3 miles or so, so 5x1k was the plan.

Pleased with the pace and consistency - 3:56, 3:56, 3:55, 3:55 and 3:57 with about 76 second recoveries.  Again the HR never went through the roof so as I get stronger (and lighter) I should be able to go a bit quicker.

The Reverend seems to be on form - 20:22 at Parkrun this weekend - I think I'll wait for the John Carr races to make my 5k comeback, but it might be Lils fancies a run out one of these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment