Monday 9 January 2012

A double sesh

Not content with the no beer/more running/less meat start to the year today I achieved (for a fat, under-motivated biffa) a bit of a milestone.  Firstly I went for a run at lunchtime - it was lovely - temperate, sunny and still - just the job for a 4 and a bit miler at just under 7:40 pace (which felt comfy, another good sign).  Nothing remarkable in that, you may say - but that meant I've done something every day for a week.  Not high mileage, not fast pace, but I either rode a bike or ran somewhere every day for a week.  Hurrah.


Then later this evening I went with the Herb to Aireville Pool and did a spin class - so a "double" exercise session.  I'm still unconvinced by spinning - even though I try to crank up the resistance there was only one exercise where my legs felt they were getting a good seeing to.  More effort needed or just a bit of a sweaty gym-bunny con-job?  Don't know - but we're going back next week for another go - well, given that The Herb has purchased some skin-tight muscle gear (think gay disco meets speed skater) he needs somewhere to go other than Queens Court in Leeds...

No comments:

Post a Comment