Sunday 8 January 2012

Happy new year, fatty

Well back in November I said I was going to lose 10lbs by the new year.  You're probably wondering if I managed it.

Did I buggery.

So I hit the new year still pretty unfit (ticking over exercise-wise, but still too much beer and fatty stuff to drop any weight).  But as usual with the new year came resolutions, and I do feel like I've started off better than either of the last two years.

Eat lots more fish - tick
Eat less red meat - tick
Soup at lunch - tick
No beer til Feb - tick
More running - tick
Get out on my bike - tick.

Now I know it's only a week, but the "calendar" view on Rubitrack looks a lot more healthy - 4 runs and two bike rides this week, including a gnarly lump-fest over to Pendle and back today with Herb.

Now just got to stick with it...

I've decided that if I get a stone off by the end of March I can have a new bike - a Rose Bikes carbon jobby with Ultegra Di2 is looking favourite, so I'd better start taking this seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment