Thursday 12 January 2012

Still at it...

Well today is my first rest day in 10, and if I say so myself I think I've earned it.

Red meat - none
Beer - none
Runs - 6
Spin classes (sorry) - 1
Bike rides - 3

Weight lost?  No idea - but I feel a bit fitter.  Dragged myself to the track on Tuesday on my own, where I did 6x800 with most of the reps being in the 3:05-3:10 space - nowhere near as quick as a couple of years ago when they'd have been 2:50 or so, but it was blowy and being on your own does drag the enthusiasm down a bit, meaning I wasn't busting a gut (not to say it wasn't tough).

Three Peaks entered, so whilst I'm not intending to have the sort of planned schedule I did for my marathon last year I do need to start thinking about getting some long runs in.  I think I'll aim for march though, as February is taken up with skiing, rugby and wedding anniversaries.

Onwards and upwards - back to running tomorrow and hopefully first longish off road run on Saturday (my first of the year, Izzy's first ever).

No comments:

Post a Comment