Monday 9 August 2010

Back to work, back to running

A fairly hideous few weeks at work awaits as we get ready for the merger we're all working towards, but I'm determined not to let it bugger up my pursuit of the inner thin-bloke that is somewhere in there.  Knowing I've got a trip up to Newcastle tomorrow that will make running a bit tricky I had put a very firm "run" in the diary at lunchtime today.

Out with Hinsley, and having had to give him some bad news about his job last week I was pleased to find we're still talking, so I gave him the choice of routes.  We went with the route down to the Fisherman's then back up a couple of hills to 5 Rise then back to the office.

I'd managed to forget my Garmin so I was reliant on Rich for pace information, but I managed not to fret too much, nor did I nag him for pace every 50 yards.  The climb up the muddy track after the canal was hard, as was the steep climb following, but the long drag as we turned for home was les of an effort than I expected. 

This run's usually just short of 6 miles, but as we went up past the Royal instead of our usual route it came in at 5.3m, with an average pace of 7:40 - which is respectable given the state of our fitness and our bellies.

As mentioned Newcastle tomorrow then back to the track at Seedhill on Wednesday to give the old legs another shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment