Saturday 7 August 2010

He's back, and he's chubby...




Back from a couple of weeks in the Garfagnana, which is a lumpy place north of Lucca in That Italy. Despite several attempts before and during the holiday I didn't manage to hire a bike, which was a great shame as the roads look ace. I managed one 4m run but gave up after that as we were staying at the top of a mile long, very steep hill - so in the end I ate pasta, steak and chips, and drank beer.




I am now, I reckon, one English Stone overweight - having told myself I'd never get porky and unfit again. Well I've managed it in about 6 weeks. Arse.

However, I know what to do - run and bike more, eat and drink less. The Programme officially starts Monday but I'm going to try and get a few miles in this weekend to get things going. Did 5 yesterday up to Halton East and back which was ok - pace was about 7:40 and it didn't feel like a massive effort, however it's a very easy pace when you think about it.

So: the targets for the rest of August -

4 runs every week including one speed/track session and one run home (or run of at least 12 miles), building up to a 15 by the end of the month.

50m per week on the bike absolute minimum - either via commuting or long weekend ride.

No canteen lunches - sandwiches/soup only

Target is to lose half a stone by the end of the month, which sounds a bit daunting but I'm starting from a high base!!

We'll see...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment