Thursday 22 July 2010

Another low mileage week

After Monday's sore-legged pootle I wasn't sure when I'd be able to run again as I had assessment centres to run Tuesday and Wednesday.  Bloody hard work, both from a mental "concentrating hard to give people a fair crack" and also from an emotional one as several people in the process are people I work with and who could possibly end up with no job at the end of this.  Both days were long and tough - 8-8 on Tuesday and 8-9 on Wednesday - so no running and unhealthy takeaway on the way home both nights.

Today was "just" my last day in the office before holidays so was again stacked out, but at about half five I switched off, set the old "out of office" and grabbed a few miles with Rich and Tim.  Just 6 of them in the end as K is off to rounders again (I'm a "rounders widower"...) which we did at a very steady pace - 49mins for an average pace of 8:08, but with the HR right down below 130 most of the way and averaging 125bpm. 

Headingley for beery blokey fun tomorrow then presumably hangover and packing Saturday, so my next exercise is likely to be in the Grafagnana Mountains, Tuscany! 

No comments:

Post a Comment