Wednesday 7 July 2010

Briskish

Quick after work run with the Herb tonight - half a mile up to the canal, then a 3m effort at 6:08, 6:10, 6:07 pace followed by 2 slower miles with Herb again.  Effort was respectable pace but I'm not sure I could have done another mile and the HR was above 160 by the end, but hey-ho - the main thing is to get through the new job medical ok.  Happy there was a bit of zip there anyway.

GFA entry arrived today, so I'm definitely in London next April.  I've also decided not to do Abingdon - I'm going to aim for a decent GNR (particularly as I can probably wangle a hotel the night of the race through work, new job 'n' all) and a fast Abbey Dash before throwing everything at a sub-3 London.

Memo to self - don't eneter many races in the build up to VLM - think I'll permit myself Brass Monkey and Coniston 14.  No Trimpell, no Blackpool half.

1 comment:

  1. All focus again Andy
    Keep the main thing the main thing

    ReplyDelete