Thursday 1 July 2010

A couple of steady ones and a UDI...

Did nothing over the weekend to allow my bum (and liver) to recover from the C2C, then had to go to London for a couple of nights with work.  Ran Monday lunch with The Herb, who seems to be recovering some form.  We did 5 sweaty miles on the canal at 8min pace, with my HR a pleasing low rate, with an average of 124.  Even though I'm feeling (and looking) a bit tubby I suspect my fitness is ok - just need to concentrate on some longer runs and get back to the track.

Tuesday night saw me, The Newmanator and Hinsley out running in London, hoping to bank a few calories before heading out on Jeremy's leaving do.  We were staying at the Holiday Inn King's Cross, a shithole but convenient for work - however sadly not terribly convenient for running from.  However beggars can't be choosers (especially not during Wimbledon) so we ran down Farringdon Road dodging commuters, then along the river to Westminster and back along the south bank.  This was also 5 miles, averaging 7:42 pace, but with a slow first and last mile, so the middle 3 were a fair bit quicker.

We then headed out with Jeremy for beers - started at the Perseverance in LCS, then off to Covent Garden for what Irishman Jezza says is the best pint of Guinness in London.  Food at Cote (which was lovely French served by an even lovelier Turkish lady) then more beer and antics at some late night boozer.

Woke up the next day mildly hungover but with an Unidentified Drinking Injury - we were doing some groovy lunging moves and I seem to have slightly pulled a muscle in my inner thigh - hopefully I'll be ok for the City of Manchester 10k on Sunday - missing a race due to drinking would be really rather sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment