Sunday 18 July 2010

A steady Sunday one

It's a while since I've done a run of anything longer than 5 miles or so on a Sunday, but as this is the last weekend before we go away and it's K's mum's birthday while we are on holiday she took the kids over to see her (and my mum) whilst I stayed at home and waited for the Sky man.

He wasn't coming til 3 though, so I thought I'd best get some exercise before sitting down to slob about in front of the Tour. The weather was a bit wild so I decided to run rather than bike. It's a while since I've done a decent length run on a Sunday, so I set off to Bolton Abbey unsure how far I'd go.

A gusty wind from the west made the run up to Halton East feel easier than it was, but by Bolton Abbey village hall, the 4 mile point my legs were wondering how they were going to get home.

I decided to carry on to the Cav Pav which gives me slightly over 10 miles, and when I turned for home I realised it was going to be hard work uphill into the wind.

I turned with the watch on just over 40 minutes, so it wasn't going to be a proper long run, but double figures is respectable I reckon. The pull up to halton east wasn't too bad in the end and I even had the energy for a slightly brisker last mile to give me a negative split and an average pace of 7:52. My legs certainly knew that they'd run on something lumpier than the towpath today though!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment