Friday 16 July 2010

A week with little running and no blogging

Sorry, readers - I've been a little remiss with both running and blogging this week, but whilst I've done none of the latter I have at least done a little of the former.

Hinsley and I went out for a nice steady 8 miles after work on Monday, which was at an average 8 min mile pace - Rich found it a bit tougher than me I think, as he's still struggling a bit with his knee, but my HR was acceptably low at an average of 131.

Then nothing all week except a fair bit of driving, one night of very heavy drinking (and hysterical laughter - think "fat bloke lunging"...) and a crashing hangover.  It's also getting stupidly busy at work, with travelling up to Newcastle most weeks, preparing for assessments and worst of all Linz left today.  I'm grumpy about that - so now I'm PA-less as wel as busy.  Arse.

Today's run was a post-work 5 miler.  There's a pattern developing here - no lunchtime runs for ages.  It's definitely harder to push yourself into getting out after work, even when the weather's nice, but once we;re back from jollies I'm going to have to get into GNR training, as assuming the start's ok it should be fairly fast.

I ran from Silsden again today and ran up to the canal a bit quicker than usual at about 7:30 pace, then did a couple of miles at about 6:25 pace before slowing down again back to the car.  The effort felt ok, but it's odd to think that I was running 4 miles at that pace at the end of a 20-miler a few months ago.  More mileage needed...

No comments:

Post a Comment