Monday 5 July 2010

Nice bit of variety

Took my stuff in today for an after-work run, and was joined by Hinsley.  He went off home to get his stuff, partly because he wanted a recovery after a fairly dire 41 at Manchester 10k yesterday, but also because he wanted to pick my brains about the assessment process for our latest restructure.  I seem to have got through my worrying patch ok, as our new exec team was announced today with me in it (I've known for a couple of weeks but was sworn to secrecy and that includes blogland), but now it's the next level that have the joys of psychometric profiling and assorted interviewy things.

Anyway, as I've not had my briefing for the assessments yet I wasn't able to help, so we made do with a very pleasant 7 miler of Rich's design.  We ran down the canal to just past the Fisherman's, then cut down onto the river which was lovely.  Near Saltaire we cut across and through some woods, rejoining the canal almost exactly opposite where we'd left it.  Back along the canal saw us do just over 7 miles at an average pace of 7:45 - very pleasant it was too.

We've decided we need to get back to a solid 3 runs per week - one long, one track (or at least intervals) and another one.  I'll try and get a tempo run in as well, but I also need to get on my bike.  As I'll be spending a bit of time in Newcastle fitting it all in might be tricky, but we'll see how we go.

I'm undecided about Abingdon marathon - haven't yet heard from London about my GFA place, but it seems the forms are coming out very, very slowly so it may be a week or two yet.  Assuming I'm in I might sack Abo, concentrate on a fast GNR and then build to the Abbey Dash before starting the London build up in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment