Sunday 4 July 2010

A bit of wind...



Round at The Herb's last night for barbie and beer, which inevitably got a bit drunken.  We decided last night to run and not to bike, so were both grateful we'd already decided when we saw the bloody gale that was blowing this morning.

A slight surfeit of lager meant we were both glad to leave it til after lunch, but at the appointed hour I got togged up and ran down to Brackenley Drive to collect Andrew.  The run back up to ours seemed quite tough, and reminded me how every time I went out I had to start with that drag.

Once back on level ground we pushed on respectably briskly, mainly on account of the howling wind at our backs.  We'd decided on a 6 miler, which with the run down to Herb's added on is my 4.5 miler round Halton East.

We were miling at just under 8's all the way, and I ended up at home, after getting blown to hell on the way back, with an average pace of 7:44.

The comeback starts here, by the way - new job confirmed, and I'll have to have a medical every year now - so how much more incentive d'you need to keep your weight and cholesterol down?

No comments:

Post a Comment