Wednesday 9 January 2013

Easier? Or just less unpleasant?

Didn't manage a run yesterday - went to get more aware of speed in harrogate then had some work to do at home before heading off to Bratfud for a naughty curry (no starters, mind) and a raucous evening at the football.  Everyone else was moderately tanked up, and blathered on excitement after the mighty Bantams put three past Aston Villa to go into the second leg with a two goal cushion (sounded like I knew what I was talking about there, eh?).  I was on coke, and the assumption at the Bradford City ground is the only people who drink coke are children and ladies, so I only got little glasses of it as well.  Surprised they didn't get me a bag of crisps and sit me outside.

So today I was determined to get out and do something.  I've decided that it's psychologically much easier to go out before going home - either at lunchtime or after work.  Even though work is a solid mile and a quarter from home - there's something difficult about getting in and then going out again.  So tonight I got changed at The Bailey, strapped on my headtorch and headed off towards Carleton again.

Headtorch makes it much easier on the road to Carleton, and (whisper it quietly) whilst i wouldn't say I was was enjoying myself, it definitely felt less onerous to be out running.  So I kept going for a bit - turned at 3 miles and so did my longest midweek run for...oooh...ages.

Don't think I've lost any weight - still look hugely fat, but if it feels easier I must be getting a tiny bit fitter.

I'm also getting rather excited - promise of some snow in the Chamonix valley, which is where I'll be off to next week.  That'll be five days of no running, but I've got a day out with a guide where there may well be uphill ski action, so something to burn the inevitable beer off.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment