Thursday 31 January 2013

Snow gone

Sunday dawned warm and windy - all the snow gone overnight, as if it'd never been there.

I was supposed to be getting out on my bike, but the wind and rain made me decide that maybe I'd earned a day off - so January ends with just the two bike rides but plenty of running.

This week I've been travelling a couple of days, so just a couple of steady lunchtime four milers so far, but the pace seems to be improving all the time - I seem to have gone from 8:30 being the comfortable pace-of-choice to just under 8's - which is pretty reasonable.

February's objective is to keep the 4 runs a week pattern going, with a regular 10-12 miler at the weekend, but to try to get some decent bike miles in.  This won't be easy with half term and a trip to the Portes du Soleil involved, but as we're not in the Fred then maybe 200 miles a month isn't quite so essential.

I'm still doing ok on the beer/food front - last Monday's weigh-in had me 8lbs down on new year's day, so my 2lbs a week plan seems to be working.

Another steady lunchtime one tomorrow hopefully, then Herb (and hopefully Izzy) will be out Saturday for a longish run - the canal awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment