Monday 7 January 2013

Woo hoo!

I am feeling triumphant.  Today I have passed a significant milestone in my running career.  I have, in the past six days run a total of twenty and one half miles.

Now that doesn't sound like much (well I suppose it would if I did it in one day.  Or two and a half hours) but for me to go out tonight, after work, at twenty past six, is.  Much.  Could be a false dawn (Lord knows we've had enough of those) but the easy option would be to go home and slonk - and 5 flat miles was in the diary, so 5 flay miles I did.

I was feeling yesterday's accidental 50 miler in my legs so it wasn't speedy by any means, indeed it got positively pedestrian by the time I was running in the pitch black on the road to Carleton (having cunningly left my headtorch in the car), but I felt if not good, just about ok.

I am pleased.  So I rewarded myself with oven chips for tea.  Which I weighed....

I might grab a short run tomorrow as I'm working from home in the afternoon before going out for curry and football at night.  Go Bratfud.  And go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment