Monday 14 June 2010

Look at the heart rate on that!

Had a meeting debating the correct level of payment for IT geeks to be on call a week per month today at lunchtime (such is the excitement of my current, temporary operational responsibilities), so no running possible.

The same happened to The Herb so we went out after work and went down to Silsden for a pootle, just to see how tired my legs were.  I was also interested to see how my new HRM would perform, having assured the Garmin Geezer that it was the strap not the device (then instantly not being sure if I'd had big spikes from my Edge...).

We had a lovely run, with lots of chatting (although to be honest The Herb got a bit breathless in parts!), and my HR was amazingly low - spending large parts of the run down below 120.  Not sure if this is a new strap thing or whether I've just been getting stupidly high readings from the old one even when it's not been spiking - but it certainly felt pretty easy going.  4m at a wee bit under 8 min pace, so a good run out for The Herb (he said patronisingly) and reassurance my legs are just fine and dandy after Saturday's excesses.


Speaking of Saturday, Rick (who clearly needs a job or something else to do) has copied the Cyclone results into a spreadsheet showing that he was 356th out of 1130 finishers, and I (despite my lengthy stop) was 474th.  I think this shows the standard is quite a lot lower than many "proper" sportives, as with a long stop like that I wouldn't expect to be anywhere near the top half.

No comments:

Post a Comment