Wednesday 16 June 2010

Post-work pootle

Played golf at Moortown today courtesy of those nice people at HML (they've still got a horrid building though).  We won, so I have a nice pair of golfy shoes, which will come in handy for the three times a year I play (although I'm playing next Monday, oddly).

Had to go back to the office for a chat with some nice UKFI boys, so ran into The Newmanator who was keen for a run.  It was very hot, and I wasn't sure if I could be arsed, but he asked me to drop him in Silsden so he could run back to Crossflatts, so I decided to give it a bash anyway.

We ran the first mile in just under 8 minutes, whereupon Tim declared it to be "slow".  I jokingly asked if he'd prefer to be running 6:30 pace, and he said "yep - let's have a go", so we agreed to do just one quick mile on the canal before we split up.

In the end it was 6:24, with Tim maybe 2 seconds behind, so quite brisk for him, and rather harder work than he was expecting, I think.  My New HRM behaved, and my HR was up about 150 during the effort, but back down at 135 or less the rest of the time.

London at silly o'clock tomorrow morning then a visit to Aireville for Maisie to decide she doesn't want to go there at night, so no running now til Friday, when I might leave it a couple of days before Freckleton on Sunday.

Low mileage week, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment