Tuesday 9 November 2010

Efforts in the dark

First time out on my bit of the Riddlesden old road last night - lashing it down but persuaded Hinsley to come out so we ran steady to the far end then I ran an effort back. This is 1.6m and I averaged 6:33 pace, which given the undulations and the howling gale I was running into felt hard.

I ran back to collect Rich (who wasn't far behind for a man with a wooden leg) then once we'd run back to the turning point I did another leg fast, this time with the wind behind and ran it about 6:22 pace, and it felt substantially easier!

I ended up with 7m with 3.2 at a respectably swift pace. I think this will be my MP route, as it's easy to do 5 in 7 or move up to 6 in 8 and beyond.

Feeling a bit achy (and possibly fluey) today, so riding to work tomorrow and leaving the running til my afternoon off on Thursday.

I should perhaps also note that I have this year joined in on the tradition of Movember and growing a Mo for a month. It's in aid of prostate cancer, and seeing as K's dad is recovering from this horrid didease at the moment it seems a good cause. If anyone would like to donate a couple of quid or just to laugh at my attempt to look like Fu Manchu or Charles Bronson go to my Mo Space page.

No comments:

Post a Comment