Sunday 2 January 2011

Back again

Haven't blogged a lot recently, mainly because I've not done a lot of running or cycling. In fact I seemed to spend most of December doing poxy 5 mile plods at various paces - mainly due to work commitments meaning I struggled to get out, but also because Rich and Tim had both managed to get themselves injured and out of action. This means running on my own, which I realise I have to do quite a bit during a marathon campaign, but it does help to have someone to go out with once or twice a week. Maybe a few trips down to the Harriers is in order to keep the motivation up.

Anyway, this week was Christmas week, so once the turkey stuff was out of the way I was shamed into getting out on Monday for yet another poxy 5 miler. Very pretty in the snow though.

Then I arranged to meet Newman at work on Wednesday, so we did a nice steady 13miles (not 5!!!) on the canal. Nothing speedy, but up to the end of the cycle towpath at Silsden, then back down 5Rise and up the path near the Fishermans. I even had the energy for a swiftish half mile near the end. The Newmanator declad himself "battered" afterwards.




Then New Year's Eve was my annual fell racing outing, with me in my white "Miami Vice" suit and mullet wig. Not sure how people with hair run, but I found I was sweating profusely, but stuck it out with my wig right to the end. I think I was about 160th out of 390, and my time was 57:50 for the 6.75m, which is actually a PB on this course.

Last run of the week, and taking me past 30 miles for the first time in weeks, was an 8 miler down to Bolton Abbey and back. Harder work than it should have been, but at 61mins a reapectable if not blistering pace.

So here we are - new year, and a marathon in about 15 weeks. 12lbs to lose off my belly, and 3x20 milers, 2x22milers and hopefully a 24 miler to get done.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment