Monday 31 January 2011

Just a steady one and a reflection on the month

Legs a bit stiff this morning, and very stiff after 3 hours in the car driving to Doxford and back.  Something Had To Be Done so it was on with the reflective stuff and headtorch and off to Halton East.  The temperature was cool, so my breath fogged in the beam of the torch, so it was like running into a heavy metal gig.  Only without the music.  Or the leather.

Just a steady 5 round Halton East, with the legs getting better with every stride, so well worth the effort.  Tomorrow will be another MP jobby after work, and with the light lasting til just about 5pm not I might try and get out at 4 to do at least some of it in daylight.

Had an email from Steve, my partner yesterday, and as I suspected he's come down with some lurgy or other - amazing how illness can come out in your performance before it starts coming out of your nasal cavities, but it's something I've seen time and again.  Never mind - we'll have to do it next time and biff it.



Just looked at the first month of this year's marathon training and compared it to last year.  168m this year compared with 209 last, but by this time I'd done 2x20milers and a 22.  The average distance is within 1/2 a mile, so I think I've been doing longer midweek runs, with several 10 milers this time round.  I'm hoping I've been building up slower and not pushing the pace as much too, as the whole point of this year's build up is to stay injury free to really put the miles in in late Feb and March - exactly what I missed last year.

Weight-wise I'm a bit disappointed - I would have thought I'd have lost a bit more weight, but whilst I'm definitely feeling fitter I've not really lost much weight - hopefully as the mileage starts to increase I'll drop a few lbs.  I'm not needing to lose masses, but I'd like to be 7-10lbs lighter come April, if only for the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment