Tuesday 25 January 2011

Steady miles

Legs a little tired after Sunday's efforts, so yesterday was a very steady 4 miler by the Thames in That London.  Arrived about half five and after another Boris Bike epic and a near fight with the hotel receptionist I set off for a trot.  Even though it's January and wet there were still oodles of foreign tourists getting in the way on the south bank, and as usual I got baffled by Blackfriars bridge and had a detour inland.  I crossed over the Millenium footbridge and ran back along the embankment, imagining doing it in April with thousands of people cheering and with time in hand to hit my target time.

Back over Westminster bridge then a quick change before going for tea at the House of Lords, courtesy of a bit of corporate schmoozing.

Home again today and really didn't feel like going out, and especially not for a long run, so I gave myself the excuse of tired legs and went out for 6 in the dark and the rain.  As usual once I got going the soreness evaporated, but I kept the pace nice and steady and the HR low, averaging just 126.

Something longer and/or harder tomorrow after work when hopefully my legs will be recovered and I won't have the remnants of a few late night beers and House of Lords wine swilling about my system!

1 comment: