Sunday 13 March 2011

Easy does it

After Friday's efforts I decided to slip in a short recovery in between swimming and horse riding (the kids, not me) so I plodded off up to Halton East and back to get 5 miles in - all very easy at about 8 min pace, with my HR bobbing around the 120bpm mark.

All these indicators suggest I'm in similar shape to last year, but I sure as hell don't feel it - 6:50 pace (when I run any) feels much harder, and speeding up to 7:20 on Friday felt pretty tough - so I think the sub-3 is probably not a goer.  If the next couple of weeks go really well then I might have a crack, but to be honest I think an enjoyable 3:05 or even 3:10 will be more likely.

Herb and I nipped out for a leg stretcher on the bike this morning - he rather unsportingly turned up on his summer bike, which meant I had to work hard to keep up.  We just did our "3 Peaks" circuit over Halton Heights, Langbar and Addingham Moorside.  Just a couple of hours and 23 miles or so, but my cycling mojo is definitely back.  Looking forward to some long days in the summer.

Cutback week this week, which is just as well as I'm in Newcastle for 2 days, then London, then away with K on Friday celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary.  Blimey...

No comments:

Post a Comment