Wednesday 30 March 2011

What have I done?

As the gorgeous golden labrador, Greg Mitchell, would have said... "my wife's gonna kill me...".

I've only gone and agreed to do a 100km run/walk thing in June...

It's a charity event called Trailtrekker that Call Credit, a company we deal with at work, has entered a number of teams in, and they've invited Rob T and I as we did the C2C with them last year.  However riding 130m over two days at a relatively slow speed is a different kettle of fish to running 60 miles through the Dales.

Anyway - at least I'll have some marathon miles still in my legs.

Back from London, and a nice taper-type run last night.  I was staying near Marble Arch, so with Hyde Park outside the front door and daylight available it seemed rude not to.  A lap of Hyde and Green Parks at a very steady pace, then another lap of Hyde Park doing 4x1km reps.  Now I know the bit after the Albert Memorial towards Hyde Park Corner is downhill, but I was pleased with a 3:41 km at the end of almost a 10m run.  Ended up with bang on 10m in just under 80mins.

No niggles yet, but the Taper Madness will doubtless kick in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment