Monday 21 March 2011

What a good weekend (apart from the rugby)...

Well young Lils is the 18th fastest 8 year old in North Yorkshire.  She did well over a testing 1km on Catterick racecourse - about 60 kids in her final and she was well up there, although not really challenging for the medal positions.

I managed a steady 5 miles that morning, then off to York with K on Friday.  I was bored of shops by 3pm so left her to it and got out for a run.  I found myself in Bishopthorpe on the Brass Monkey HM route, so at the 3m point I speeded up to something a bit faster than marathon pace and did 5m with splits of 6:37, 6:38, 6:22, 6:24 and 6:26.  3m back to the hotel for an 11 miler, followed by beer, food and a weekend off.  Very pleased with the speed there as it never felt eyeballs out.

Then today it was back to the canal feeling fresh, but as I was a bit later than I'd like my "6 in 10" became "6 in 8", but the 6 were at an average 6:41, and my HR was high 140's, which is below HM rate and not far off what it was at Blackpool last year.  Still think I'll be nearer 3:10 than 3:00 come 17/4, but I'll see how these next few weeks go.

I'm injury free, although I'm not sure if I'll ever run again without one calf or the other feeling a bit niggly.

Onwards and upwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment