Friday 2 April 2010

Another one ticked.

Ran a short easy one today - switched my Garmin to the HR screen and decided to run at a pace that kept my HR somewhere around 135 or below.  Due to a massive spike that said my HR was at over 200bpm I'm not exactly sure of the correct average, but I ran the 2 miles home from Halton East at 7:35 pace and the HR was below 130 all the way.  Given that that pace would get you a 3:18 marathon I'm now feeling like I'm in reasonable shape for 3:15.  If I had a couple more weeks to do some more LRs and MP sessions I might even think sub-3 would be worth a bash, but the combination of losing maybe 200 miles of running and the fact I'm still a bit nervous about running fast on my calf (which showed a few weeny signs of tightness but nothing worrying) means that sub-3 will have to wait.

Going to try and do my last long(ish) run on the canal tomorrow, maybe 11 or 12 miles with a few at 7:15 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment