Tuesday 20 April 2010

Pointless!

Went for a run with no point today, and it was great!  Took my stuff into work, lovely day, being asked to apply for my job, so I thought "let's go for a run".  But then I realised I'm not particularly training for anything (though a sub-80 in the Chester Marathon Half-Relay that me and Hinsley have entered might be nice), and so I didn't have a "session" in mind.

So I just...well...went for a run.  Down the canal to the Fisherman's, up the muddy track thingy then back up the hill and back past 5 Rise - never pushing the pace, and HR was mid-120's (if you ignore the bit where it went mental - I now have a theory about that.  It always seems to happen running into the wind, so I wonder if the wind blowing my top gets amplified and converted to HR beats?  Just a thought...).

Ended up a relaxed bunny (although still very worried we won't be going to Mallorca on Friday - feckin' ash!) with 5.75 miles in a gnat's under 45 minutes - about 7:45 pace overall, but 7:35 or so on the flat with HR way down.


Check out the ridiculous HR spike at the end - if it was doing that I think I'd be in hospital!

Looking at the weather outlook for London on Sunday it's looking like it might be a hot one for the marathon - this seems to be becoming a bit of a trend - maybe I'd best chase my sub-3 at Abingdon and do London for fun next year!  Hope it all goes well for my blogging, foruming and running chums on Sunday though, specially The Afterburner who's really put in the miles - all the best, guys and gals.

Edit: The Powers That Be have decided that it is ok to fly through ash clouds - so it looks like we will be off to Mallorca after all.  Yay!!

2 comments:

  1. Andy
    Might be wrong but is this you and junior parkrunning
    http://www.facebook.com/helentphoto#!/photo.php?pid=3530201&id=103659954791
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure is, young Lils and her fatboy dad!!

    ReplyDelete