Thursday 1 April 2010

Is that it? Happy days.


Up to Newcastle today with work and got back quicker than expected, so popped my old Gel Cumulus shoes on and went out for a run.  This was interesting for a couple of reasons - firstly I decided to go back to my Asics shoes as my new Nikes felt just a bit low on cushioning yesterday, and secondly because it's the first time I've run on consecutive days since just before Coniston and that was the run that I thought had buggered the whole jobby.

So I was pleasantly surprised to find no reaction - not even tightness - in my injured calf.  Every other bloody bit of me seemed to be tight or niggly, but that's to be expected after so little running.  Anyway - another 5 miles at a respectable 7:15 pace and a lowish HR of 141.  A bit breezy coming back, a bit lumpy on the way out, so generally very happy with the outcome.  D'you think that means it's fixed then?

Plan for this weekend is to get out tomorrow or Saturday for 10 or 12, probably on the canal, with maybe 6 or 8 at my new MP, then a fairly longish bike ride on Sunday with l'Herb and our kid in the Forest of Bowland to avoid the crowds.

Happy days...

1 comment: