Thursday 13 May 2010

Hillier run with Hinsley, and more HR weirdness

Rich and I decided to get out after work tonight and as we both feel a bit lacking in effort (and I've been spending far too much time in the car with 2 trips to Newcastle in 2 days) we decided to do our Slightly Hilly route past the Fisherman's (not the Very Hilly one - that would have been A Bit Much).

Both of us were finding our 7:50ish pace along the canal rather hard work, but looking back at my HR readout I actually wasn't working very hard, as it was down at mid-120's, about where I'd expect.  The hills also weren't as tough as I was expecting, and by the time we were back on the canal above 5Rise normal service had been resumed - except my HR monitor was showing 200+.  I'm wondering if this is a battery thing - think I'll change it and see if it makes any difference.

Some great performances from some of my work chums at the John Carr last night - Linz took 2 minutes off her parkrun PB to be down near 28 mins, and Sarah N got under 28 - great stuff from newbie runners.  Hopefully I'll get to run next week, with a lot to live up to from all the Harriers who seem to be down near 17:30 - eek.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment