Tuesday 11 May 2010

Recovery from Leeds

Woke up quite stiff yesterday morning, and had planned a recovery run up in Newcastle as I had to go up there for work (one single, solitary meeting for a single hour - but it was at 8am.  Yawn.).  Agreed to drop The Herb back in Skipton as he's having more witch doctory done on his poorly back, so realised I was driving within half a mile of home so decided to drop in and see the kids.  Then once here I decided I might as well run from home and drive up to Newcastle afterwards.

So - a steady 4 miler on quite sore legs ensued - just up to Halton East and back.  Quite surprised to see the average pace come out at 7:35, but I was keeping an eye on the HR and it was way down at 130ish all the way, so I guess it counts as recovery.

I've decided I do need to get back to a more structured training programme though, as I don't want my Abingdon build up to be a "start from scratch" jobby, so we now have Friday LRs back in the diary, and will talk to Hinsley and The Newmanator about tracking again once the John Carr season has finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment