Saturday 1 May 2010

Parkrun No.2 - and Mummy came too!




Set off to Bradford en famille today, as Lily was keen to do another Parkrun and K was being bullied into doing it by me, despite rivers of snot emanating from her nasal passages. Hinsley was there for a run out, as was Linz, her 3rd on the trot.

Maisie came along to be team photographer, so after a quick warm up from K and Lils we were off.  The deal me and Lily had was to run all the way apart from a quick walk for some lucozade aftre each lap.  My key objective (apart from to get Lils a PB) was not to get lapped by Hinsley, so the pace was quite brisk on lap 1.  I'm convinced Lils doesn't warm up enough as she struggled a bit on the first lap then found the second really easy, so maybe a lesson for next time.

We were definitely going a bit quicker than last time, although it felt like we were further back in the field, and by the time we came up the hill for the final time we'd only been lapped by the first two blokes and neither of them was Hinsley - happy days!

Lils gave her characteristic kick for the finish and came in on 28:00 dead, a PB by 30 seconds and in 35th place out of 63 runners.  She beat Linz again, plus lots and lots of other grown-ups - and again won her U14 category.  Just reading about on the Parkrun website I found Rob's report of Race 1, in which Lils is mentioned in dispatches - clever little thing.

Karen, despite snot, was 3rd woman in 25:11, so overall a successful day for us.  K's promised to let me have a run on my own next time, as proud dad though I am, I can't help feeling a certain shame when I get an email congratulating me on my new 5k PB of 28:01!!

No comments:

Post a Comment