Thursday 21 January 2010

Back to the Track

The Ilkley Carnegie team made their reacquaintance with the track last night, but the B&B team had to wait til tonight, and in the event it was only me and the Newmanator that made it.  Rich is off in Toulouse learning about sums and Murph was out drinking.

I'd decided that if I'm marathon training I'd better do some respectably long reps, so my hardest session of 4x1m (or 1600m) reps off 200m recoveries was the order of the day.  I suggested that Tim run 6x800m off 200m, which would mean him running roughly a km less than me but the difference in pace would mean we'd finish at roughly the same time.

I set off too fast as usual, and went round the first lap in 86seconds (slow by the Ilkley boys' standards, but too quick for me running mile reps, where I was aiming for 5:56 per mile or so.  Things slowed down a bit, and I must confess to finding it a bit hard going, but I never dropped blow 6 min mile pace, and ain fact all the reps were under 6mins:

Mile 1 - 5:54
Mile 2 - 5:58
Mile 3 - 5:59
Mile 4 - 5:55

The last mile included a bit of a sprint down the last 100m, so I suspect the pace for most of the mile was similar to the others.  Looking forward to getting my new HR strap as I suspect I would've been near my max by the end, but as the current strap went nuts tonight as well I don't really know!

No comments:

Post a Comment