Friday 8 January 2010

Out with The Herb

The Herb decided to join us at lunchtime today.  He's been injured on and off for about three years, so it's commendable he sticks with it, but I think that today had more to do with not being able to cycle for days, which is beginning to cheese me off too.  I've set myself a target on Garmin Connect of 120m a month running and 250m a month cycling.  With 8 days gone I've done a thord of my running miles and no cycling at all.  This weather looks to be set for at least another week too, so who knows if I'll even touch my bike this month.

Anyway, today's run was easier going than yesterday's, with a very steady 2 1/2 miles with the The Herb and Rich, then R and I carried on for another half mile after Herb turned round, picking the pace up to 7:40ish.  This felt very comfortable, as can be seen from my HR:



As usual something weird happens at the start but the rh side after the 2 1/2 mile point is fairly steady at about 140bpm or about 70% WHR - pretty good for just above 3:15 marathon pace.

May take the day off tomorrow, before a long one on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment