Tuesday 5 January 2010

More snowy silliness




Big (for here) dump of snow again and no sign of any form of road clearing from NYCC, so mindful of rear wheel drive and hills I decided to stay at home.  Maisie and Lily's school was closed too, so they were at home as well.  I managed to get some work done but decided to get some air this afternoon, so I got togged up in what now feels like normal running gear of tights, lifa top, jacket, gloves, buff and hat and set off towards Halton East.


The road was ungritted, unploughed and had only had a couple of tractors along it, but finding somewhere with enough grip to run on was a bit tricky at times.

I'm sure this sort of thing is doing me some good (beats working anyway) but like Henry I'm feeling the need to do some faster sessions now.  The weather forecast isn't great, though, with no sign of a thaw this side of the weekend.  I guess we may manage a track session next week, but I'd hope to get some sort of tempo or efforts session done this week if possible.  Not sure if Garstang 10k will be on Sunday or not - it's certainly warmer over there but "warmer" is of course a relative term!

Whatever - I still enjoyed the run today in a slightly silly way, and took my camera along to grab a few snaps of Embsay Crag looking pretty as it usually does.  My HR was bonkers - but from the readout it's had some kind of funny spike on the way home, with it bimbling along at about 135bpm on the way up to Halton East and then shot up to 175+bpm coming back.


No comments:

Post a Comment