Tuesday 19 January 2010

That's better

Ran on my own at lunchtime today, and dragged my old Garmin HR strap into service.  Did what we call the "Canal 10k", which is a slight misnomer because it's not all on the canal and it's not 10k - but we know what we mean.  It's 3m out along the canal then some gentle hills to bring you back in above 5 Rise locks.

I was determined to run "easy" today, which according to RW is just under 8min mile pace, but according to my new, accurate heart rate monitor is nearer to 7:40 as my average pace was 7:48 overall but my average HR was way down at 128 and included the traditional Garmin spike at the start.  According to the RW schedule the "easy" HR is nearer 140.  I'm going to recheck all my HR stuff when my new chest strap arrives, cos I'm not sure my max is as high as I think it is.




Anyway - all felt easy and peasy, and I seemed to be feeling very comfortable at 7:30 pace on the flat, so I think that gives some sort of indication of the pace I ought to be aiming to run things like Coniston and maybe the early part of Trimpell at.

I was saying to K last night that I'm feeling ok about saying I'm going for sub-3 - but my main, over-riding objective is still to get that GFA of 3:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment