Saturday 20 February 2010

Junk? But in daylight!!

Another day when I intended to get out in he afternoon, another failure to do so.  Hinsley's off to Thailand (not to have water squirted up his bum, which is what at least two of the team have done whilst there...) for a fortnight, so he was batttling to get a paper finished, and I had to read it, so in the end it was 5pm before I left.  We were going to do Rich's 1 to 1 session whilst out running (not sure if that's in the HR policy, but it works for us...) but he still had stuff to finish, so I was on my own.  The good thing was that despite going out after 5, I can now run for up to an hour in daylight - spring is on its way! And, according to the Beeb, -9º temperatures next week!

It was also Friday, so swimming night, so ideally I needed to be home just after 6, so I decided "the (mini) taper must go on" and went for 5 miles, with the pace to be whatever felt comfortable.  Traditional Garmin spike at the start buggered any hope of running the whole race on heart rate, but once I was on the canal and "into the cruise" (as airline pilots say) it was around 125-130bpm, so I decided to keep it that way.



In the end it was 5m in 36:20, so an average pace of 7:14, and as you can see the HR stayed well down in the <80% range, topping out at 133 and spending most of the run below 130.  This is pleasing as because the first mile was so joggy I was actually miling at below 7:10 for 3 of the 5 miles, so a respectable pace at not a lot of effort.

Day off Saturday then off to Blackpool in the cold on Sunday - brrrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment