Wednesday 10 February 2010

Out with another fast lad.

Lunchtime session today, following a few snow showers.  Running with Murph today, and as a Very Busy Chap he had to be back for a meeting (he needs a PA like Linz - she gets running in the diary...).

So my steady 5 or 6 miler turned into a bit of a tempo session (well maybe a bit slower) but generally tooling along the canal at something under 7m mile pace.  It felt like hard work today, which could be down to last night's speedy romp to Burley, or possibly me wearing too many clothes with buff, hat, gloves and waterproof all leading to a rather sweaty me finishing our 5m in just over 36mins.  Average pace was about 7:15, but as that included a gentle run up to th canal and a slower run down we were probably averaging 7's along the canal.

HR was mid-140's, which for a pace just above MP is acceptable - I reckon my MP effort will be high 140's to low 150's.

You can see the steady climb through the run, peaking at about 145 which is pretty comfortable to be honest - but my legs certainly feel like they've had a toughish couple of days.  Track tomorrow, snow permitting, and I might give myself the luxury of doing some 800s tomorrow as I've done 2 hardish sessions in a row, before Friday's 20 miler, most of which I'll be accompanied by Mr Hinsley on, which will be nice.  May try to get my MP effort up to 5 on Friday, but I do need to "listen to my body" a bit and make sure I don't overdo it.  I'm going to have a bit of a cutback week next week with Blackpool half at the weekend, then back to higher miles up until Trimpell 3 weeks later.

No comments:

Post a Comment