Sunday 28 February 2010

Low mileage week!

After Friday's short attempt at running I was given a stern talking to by some of my RW sub-3:15 threadmates who told me to "FFS stop testing it!" and compared my constant attempts to run with opening the oven door to check on Yorkshire puds!

So this weekend K and I went over to the Lakes for our anniversary weekend awayand I determined not to try and run.  We dropped the girls off at Grandma's and set off up to the Castle Inn Hotel at Bassenthwaite.  Hotel was a bit average, but Tesco vouchers paid so it could have been worse - we might have used our money!  On Saturday the weather was terrific, and the hills looked stunning.  However as I had left my bike at home and running was off the agenda an ascent of the north face of the mighty Catbells was the only exercise I got.

It was very pretty, and after a few wobbles from K as to the wisdom of ascending such a leviathan with upwards of an eighth of an inch of snow on the ground, we made the summit after about 40 minutes.  And very pretty it was too:


We had a brilliant curry, drank some beer and watched a band and generally had a great weekend, with  no running.  My calf's still not right but seems better each day - I'm off to London tomorrow, and I'll leave my running stuff at home to avoid temptation.  I'll hopefully get to see Mike B the Fizzy on Tuesday and get a proper diagnosis, but if all goes well I'll look to run again Wednesday or Thursday.

So the sum total of my running this week?  6.25 miles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment